Thursday, June 18, 2009

Rollkuchen & Watermelon


3 cups flour
2 tsp. baking powder
2 tsp. salt
2 eggs
1 + cup whipping cream

Mix dry ingredients together add eggs, cream. Roll out on a floured surface to about 1/8"+ thick, cut into rectangles, cut a slit in centre and pull one end through. Fry in hot fat 375 degrees, till golden, turn and fry other side. Drain on paper towel. Serve with watermelon.


This is what's for supper tonight as its so toasty warm out, perfect meal for it. My hubby likes his thin and crispy so i use the same dough, just cut off a chunk and roll very, very thin and cut a slat in the centre and fry same temp. I like mine nice and soft & fluffy, he likes them cripsy

2 comments:

Tiffany said...

Mmm - just seeing this picture makes me feel like I'm at my grandma's house. She makes awesome roll kuchen!

Maybe I'll have to try it myself instead of just waiting for her to make it for me...

Ange said...

You could totally make it Tiffany! I tried it last year and it actually worked. Maybe not quite as good as mom's but not too bad for a first try!

Picture does look yummy! Maybe I'll have to make some later today!