Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Easy Bean Bake

I love baked beans! So tasty with chicken or anything from the bbq. And it's a very simple recipe.

Easy Bean Bake
  • 3 14oz cans of pork and beans
  • 1 medium onion, chopped fine and sauteed until tender
  • 1/2 cup brown sugar
  • 1 tsp worchestershire sauce
  • 2 tbsp mustard
  • dash of tabasco sauce
  • 1/2 cup bbq sauce
  • 2 tbsp parsley flakes
  • 2 or 3 strips of bacon, diced and fried*

Mix all ingredients and put into roaster. Bake at 350 for 40 minutes, covered, until it's heated through and the flavors have had a chance to mesh.

This works great in a slow cooker too.

* The bacon is optional, but I would definately put it in next time. The more flavor the better!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sonya , this looks so good, I can almost taste it already. And yes, I'd add the bacon too.
~lisa