Monday, January 25, 2010

Chinese Spiced Chicken

I decided to try something different for supper and was pleasantly surprised with how tasty and easy this dish is.

Chinese Spiced Chicken
  • 2 to 3 lbs chicken
  • 1 tsp garlic salt
  • 1 tsp onion powder
  • 1 large green pepper, cut into strips
  • 1/4 to 1/2 tsp ground ginger
  • 1 Tbsp oil

Sauce:

  • 1/2 cup brown sugar
  • 2 tbsp flour
  • 1/2 to 1 tsp ground ginger
  • 1/4 cup soy sauce
  • Juice only from 14 oz can pineapple tidbits

Cut chicken into thin strips. Stir fry chicken and spices in oil for approximately 8 to 10 minutes. Add green pepper and fry 5 to 10 minutes longer. Mix sauce ingredients in order given. Add to meat and stir fry until mixture starts to thicken. Add pineapple tidbits, let simmer 15 minutes. Serve over rice.

* This was delicious as is, but I think next time around I'll add more vegetables to make it more of a stir fry. Yum!

1 comment:

Tiffany said...

This looks good - I think I'm going to try it tonight!