
everyone just dug into the cake, had to take a pic while i could, so it didn't have proper time to set, so pic is a little floppy, but oh.... so delic.
crust:
1 cup flour
1 cup coconut
1/4 cup slivered almonds
3 Tbsp. Brown Sugar
1/2 cup margarine
mix ingredients and place into a 9 x 13 pan. Bake @ 350 for 15 min. and let cool
filling:
4 cups rhubarb
1 cup white sugar
3 Tbsp. cornstarch
1/2 cup water
Cook in microwave for 7 min. Pour over crust then add 1 1/2 cups mini marshmallows on top of hot mixture & let cool completely.
Mix 1 box vanilla instant pudding and pour over cooled rhubarb mixture & cover with cool whip or whipping cream, sprinkle with lightly toasted coconut if you like.
1 cup flour
1 cup coconut
1/4 cup slivered almonds
3 Tbsp. Brown Sugar
1/2 cup margarine
mix ingredients and place into a 9 x 13 pan. Bake @ 350 for 15 min. and let cool
filling:
4 cups rhubarb
1 cup white sugar
3 Tbsp. cornstarch
1/2 cup water
Cook in microwave for 7 min. Pour over crust then add 1 1/2 cups mini marshmallows on top of hot mixture & let cool completely.
Mix 1 box vanilla instant pudding and pour over cooled rhubarb mixture & cover with cool whip or whipping cream, sprinkle with lightly toasted coconut if you like.
4 comments:
I've been patiently waiting for my rhubarb to grow and it's taking FOREVER!! Do you have enough rhubarb to make this already? You live just down the road from me, how can yours be so much more productive than mine...what's your secret? Heat lamps at night? Lol. This looks like a great recipe. I'll be sure to give it a whirl.
my rhubarb is ready i've actually got 3 plants, come on by and help yourself, secret is horse manure under plant, although i've only done that with one, that was 10 yrs. ago but all are doing very well, i just need to go get ingredients to make this one (tomorro) and i'll post pic, i've also made it without coconut for my man, its a delicious cake, can't wait to make it again. hmmmm.
Thanks for the offer - mine should be ready soon though. Just have to be patient. :) Nothing tastes quite like rhubarb!!
OH - MY - GOODNESS!
You know, when I first saw the heading I thought "meh, another rhubarb dessert" (no offense!) and then I came on here today, saw that picture and actually went down and read the recipe.
I'm actually in agony right now, because I need something sweet and that would do it, but I don't have all the ingredients!!
Post a Comment