I was wondering what to serve for dessert for our harvest crew, my Mom suggested cream puffs. I've never made them before, but she assured me it was easy and I'd wonder why I'd never made them before. She was right. :)

- 1/2 cup butter/margarine
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup flour
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 4 eggs
Preheat oven to 375. Grease a baking sheet. In a saucepan, combine butter and water. Bring to a boil. All at once, beat in flour and salt. Continue cooking, beating hard until mixture leaves the sides of the pan. Remove from heat and cool slightly. Then add, one at a time, 4 eggs. Beat hard until smooth and glossy after adding each egg. Chill the dough.* Drop batter from spoon onto baking sheet. Bake at 375 for about 25-30 minutes or until light and golden. Turn off oven and let dry in oven. Cool. Fill with sweetened whipped cream.
* I skipped the step about chilling the dough and they turned out fine.
No comments:
Post a Comment