Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Sour Cream Roll Out Cookies

These are one of my favorite cookies - Dillon's too! They're an incredibly soft cookie - it's hard to eat just one!
Sour Cream Roll Out Cookies
  • 2 cups sugar
  • 1 cup butter/margarine
  • 1 1/2 cups sour cream
  • 2 level tsps baking soda
  • 3 eggs
  • 4 cups of flour*

Mix all ingredients into a soft dough. (*I usually add more flour - the dough seems almost too soft to handle otherwise. Add enough flour to make it managable).

Sprinkle a layer of flour on the countertop, so the dough doesn't stick and roll out half the dough to 1/4" thick, Cut out cookies using your favorite cookie cutter or ikea cup ;). Bake at 375 for 6 minutes. Repeat with remaining dough, making sure to put flour under dough, each time it's rolled out. Let cool, then ice with your favorite icing (homemade is best!).
I like to make these around valentine's day, using heart shaped cookie cutters and sharing with friends and family. A recipe makes about 7 dozen cookies.

4 comments:

Candice said...

Those look like fun!
Is the icing homemade as well?

Sonya said...

It should be, but it's not. Waaay better with homemade icing!

Anonymous said...

I have a recipe that tastes EXACTLY like these, but they are drop cookies. None of the rolling out and cutting. Same great taste, but with half the work!!

C

julie said...

Had to look this up today 💗 Cuz I knew yours was the best!